Berea College, Berea, KY (August 2007 – May 2011)
Bachelor of Arts in Computer & Information Science
Concentration in Computer Science
Cumulative GPA: 3.19, Major GPA: 3.68
Galmont Consulting, Lexington, KY
Senior Consultant (December 2011 – present)
- Execution of integration, reliability, and regression testing on client proprietary software.
Lexmark International, Inc, Lexington, KY
Senior Software Tester (May 2011 – December 2011)
- Performed security testing with secure disk wiping and remote access/management.
- Developed and maintained automation and test scripts using bash, Java, and Python.
- Performed stress and stability testing on a wide range of printer families.
Berea College Technical Services, Berea, KY
Technical Supervisor (August 2010 – May 2011)
- Managed student staff of 10-15 employees on diagnosis and repair of PCs and Macs.
- Managed the flow of work orders (approximately 100-150 per week).
- Worked independently on advanced troubleshooting calls across campus.
- Completed independent projects, including custom Linux-based distributions and utilities to aid in work processes as well as preparation and deployment of campus software.
Help Desk Specialist (August 2008 – August 2010)
- Worked semi-independently on advanced troubleshooting calls across campus.
- Independently troubleshot hardware and software on both PCs and Macs.
- Mentored 10 student technicians, apprentices, and trainees to oversee campus computer systems.
- Developed automated system backup software that significantly reduced the amount of time spent backing up user data.
Help Desk Technician (February 2008 – August 2008)
- Diagnosed and repaired hardware on both laptop and desktop computers.
- Trained 6 student apprentices and trainees in standard work processes.
- Worked together with senior-level students in the management of work orders.
- Assisted 10-15 clients per week with software installation and maintenance.
- Worked together with staff members in printer troubleshooting.
- Data Recovery
- Technical Support
- Hardware Diagnosis
- Linux (Debian, Fedora, openSuse, Ubuntu)
- Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7
- Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 7
- Intermediate level Spanish
- Familiar with German
- Microsoft Office
- Oracle Virtualbox
- VMware Workstation